COVID CERTIFICATION TO ACCESS HOSPITALITY
18 November 2021
WHAT WE THINK WE KNOW
We are sure you are aware that the NI Executive have decided to introduce Covid Certification to access a range of hospitality businesses and events. While we are awaiting clarification the following is what we think we know so far (below).
As the economic impact begins to unfold, we continue to lobby the NI Executive for support to mitigate the anticipated impacts on footfall and costs.
WHAT BUSINESSES WILL IT APPLY TO?
It is understood the measure would apply for access to:
- all hospitality venues which serve food and drink (includes coffee shops / cafes etc)
- cinemas, theatres, concert halls and conference centres
- indoor events with 500 or more attendees with some or all of the audience not normally seated
- outdoor events with 4,000 or more attendees with some or all of the audience not normally seated
- events where more than 10,000 people will be present regardless of whether they are seated
WHEN WILL IT COMMENCE?
Regulations would take effect from 29 November but won't be legally enforced until 13 December, there will be a 14-day grace period before fixed penalty notices could be issued.
WHAT IS ACCEPTABLE PROOF OF COVID CERTIFICATION?
- Proof of the NHS COVID Pass; OR
- Negative PCR or Lateral Flow test (with ID); OR
- Positive PCR in previous 10-180 days (with ID)
Staff are exempt from the requirement, but it is advised that staff undertake regular Covid tests.
Workforce testing for COVID-19: CLICK HERE FOR INFO
WHERE DO I GET THE APP TO SCAN THE DOMESTIC CERTIFICATE QR CODE?
The COVIDCert Check NI app can be downloaded for free from your appropriate app store.
For Android CLICK HERE
For iOS (Apple) CLICK HERE
A further update will be issued as soon as we receive the information from the Government.