IMPORTANT INFO FROM NI WATER REGARDING CURRENT DEMAND
29 June 2018
NI Water is asking all businesses and organisations to use water wisely at this time and to stop non-essential water use.
As a result of the recent hot weather, NI Water is experiencing a high demand for water. In recent days our water treatment works have been operating at near maximum levels but despite this, demand continues to outstrip the capacity to supply. Customers in some areas have already experienced loss of pressure and intermittent supply failures.
NI Water is asking for your help to reduce the current very high demand on the water supply system in order to maintain water supplies across Northern Ireland.
NI Water is asking that businesses and organisations consider and act on how they could reduce their water consumption at this time, for example;
- Not washing vans and vehicles;
- Adjusting the automatic flushing on urinals to a lesser frequency;
- Avoid using sprinklers and hose pipes to water lawns;
- Making sure taps aren’t leaking over the weekend – a dripping tap can waste more than 60 litres of water per week.
- Reusing water where possible
Any enquires should be emailed to SET@niwater.com or alternatively you can contact 07803 799190 or 07803 799192
Thank you for your help and assistance.