Voice: A Champion For you And your business
Membership of Hospitality Ulster gives you a stronger voice, defending your business locally and challenging government nationally. Campaigning for a fair deal, with progressive legislation, funding, skills, infrastructure and levels of taxation that will stimulate the growth of your business.
WHAT OUR MEMBERS SAY:
"We appreciate Hospitality Ulster's hard work and common sense approach to policy makers and local Government.
We find the website very helpful, and as a small business, it is nice knowing there is somewhere we can turn for advice and someone is fighting for us on local and national issues."
-Fraser Greenhill, The Bull & Claw Donaghadee
Standing Up For Your Business Locally
Providing local representation and mediation with PSNI and local authorities on individual issues for individual members.
• LOCAL representation on individual issues for individual members
• MEDIATION with the authorities on disputed licensing issues
• SUPPORT in disputes with local councils i.e. health & licensing
• REPRESENTATION at local council committee hearings
• NEGOTIATION with utility suppliers like water, electricity and gas
• DISPUTES – Representation in supplier and pricing issues
• A POSITIVE VOICE promoting your business.
Speaking Up For Your Business Nationally
Challenging government on the issues that matter- like business rates, VAT, duty, liquor licensing, food regulations, entertainment licensing and so much more.
Challenging the government at the NI Assembly and Westminster
• BUSINESS RATES – Lobbying for a review of the way business rates are calculated
• VAT – Campaigning for a reduction on tourism VAT
• LIQUOR LICENSING – Making the case for modern licensing legislation
• FOOD – Fighting against legislation like calorie counts & gold plating EU legislation
• COST OF DOING BUSINESS – Fighting to reduce the cost & complexity of regulations
• ENTERTAINMENT LICENSING – Calling for permanent licences, less cost & complexity
• TOURISM STRATEGY – Industry led and province wide
• VISITOR TRANSPORT STRATEGY – delivering tourism across Northern Ireland
• ILLEGAL PREMISES – Action on premises that steal business from legitimate businesses
• MINIMUM PRICE – Action against irresponsible retailing of alcohol
• RESPONSIBLE RETAILING – Self regulation and not legislation
• ONLINE REVIEWS – Redress against false, damaging & often malicious reviews
• PAVEMENT CAFÉ REGULATIONS – Enabling legislation
• SKILLS – Campaigning for a skilled workforce & government supported training
• DUTY – Freeze duty & stop its ineffective use to tackle irresponsible supermarkets
• SMOKING BAN – Review of legislation. Technical solutions
• STAFFING – Promoting the hospitality industry as a career of choice
• ECONOMY – Investment support & business friendly taxation
• FINANCE – Access to finance for small businesses.
Calling On Government To:
COMMIT to Hospitality as a key economic driver and a priority for government with a ten year strategy to support growth in the industry.
CREATE an enabling legislative, taxation and regulatory environment that can stimulate growth in the Hospitality industry.
INVEST in the Hospitality industry with long term sustained funding to support the ten year strategy.