CALL FOR BAR AND RESTAURANT INDUSTRY CHAMPIONS TO TELL THEIR CAREER STORY
08 December 2021
The Hospitality and Tourism Skills network is developing a series of career testimonial videos of people working in a variety of roles across the hospitality and tourism industry as part of a dedicated campaign to attract people into the industry and change perceptions.
The career stories will bring to life the positive attributes of the vibrant and rewarding career opportunities to inspire jobseekers, of any age or experience, to actively consider a career in the industry.
We would like to highlight the exciting stories of hospitality and tourism. The huge diversity of career options, the sociable work environment, the variety, creativity, flexibility and opportunity to make people happy. Not to mention the travel opportunities, progression opportunities, great perks, great atmosphere and the vibrant, lively and fun colleagues! Our initial focus is on profiling roles in the kitchen, food and beverage, housekeeping, front of house, management, visitor experience and events.
We need passionate, enthusiastic and highly motivated people working in these roles who want to spread the word about exciting, varied and real opportunities offered by our industry.
The career champion could be a young apprentice who has completed their apprenticeship with flying colours and has the enthusiasm to share their story, a manager who can talk about how they reached their position and what training or experience they needed to get there, or an individual who has changed their career path into hospitality and tourism.
Are you passionate about our industry and confident about inspiring others with stories of your team members? If so, this is YOUR opportunity to join us in promoting OUR industry.
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
We need you to nominate industry champions in your business who are willing to tell their career story on video in response to the questions we’ve set out below for them to focus on:
- What does your job role involve?
- What has been your educational/career path to this role?
- What do you enjoy most about your job?
- What are the most valuable or necessary skills for you in your role?
- Where do you see your career in hospitality and tourism taking you?
- What advice would you give to someone thinking of a career in this industry?
- What three words would you use to describe working in hospitality and tourism?
Our initial focus is on profiling roles in demand in the kitchen, food and beverage, housekeeping, front of house, management, visitor experience and events. A list of potential occupational profiles is attached for reference. Filming of selected nominees is expected to take place during January 2022.
Provide us with the following details for your industry career champion/s. You can nominate up to 3 roles for which we are seeking responses by 5th January 2022.
- Name of career champion
- Job title for career champion
- Name of person nominating
- Company name
- Availability for on-site filming – note any preferences for dates/days/times during January 2022
- Please note contact person and details to arrange filming (Name, Tel, Email)
- Do you have existing video footage of staff at work in your business and or career profiles that you are willing to provide access to? (Y/N)
- If yes, please provide a link to the career profile/s available.
Please email your response to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We aim to produce a broad range of career profiles from a variety of businesses, however please note, we cannot guarantee that everyone nominated will be selected to participate in the filming schedule for this initial phase.