Door Supervisor Licensing for Registered Clubs

22 April 2010

The Federation is keen to ensure that regulations relating to Door Supervisors in Registered Clubs are adhered to with the same vigour as Door Supervision in Pubs.

Registered Clubs are not considered as Licensed Premises, so if they employ their own in-house door supervisors they do not need to be licensed. However, if a Club uses Contracted Security Staff on the premises, they require to be Licensed as Security Guards if deployed in relation to the premises. It is essential to note that a Registered Club operating under an Entertainment Licence will require full Door Supervisor licensing for both in-house and contracted staff. NB: If an entertainment licence is held that allows a Club to hold events at any time, but events are only held on a Saturday night, the Club only needs to have Licensed Door Supervisors during the hours of the event.